SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION IN-PERSON
Effective 31 July 2018, you may need to give your fingerprints and photos (biometrics) at a Visa Application Centre when you apply for a visitor visa, study or work permit, or permanent residence if you are a national of a country or territory in Europe, the Middle East or Africa, or if you are a national of a country that is already biometrics required. Visit Canada.gc.ca/biometrics for more information.
Scheduling an appointment for Biometric Enrolment is optional – walk-in clients are always welcome to submit their biometrics without a prior appointment. Note however that a planned visit with a preferred time slot via an appointment at the Visa Application Centre guarantees prompt service, thus eliminating longer waiting time resulting in inconvenience. You can schedule an appointment at the nearest Visa Application Centre, either through the VAC website or by calling the call center at +2348150199900.
- However, permanent residence applicants will need to give biometrics with each application.
- If you have applied for a temporary resident visa, study or work permit in the past and are unsure if the biometrics have been provided, Please refer to the IRCC website (Canada.gc.ca/biometrics), and “Find out if your biometrics are still valid”
- Refer to the IRCC website for a list of visa-required countries for temporary residents: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/entry-requirements-country.html
- For the purposes of biometric collection, nationality is based on the nationality you have declared in question number 6 (*Citizenship) on the IRCC application form.
- Applicants who have submitted an application online to IRCC must present a Biometric Instruction Letter to enroll their biometrics. To find out more about biometrics visit the IRCC website
- Applicants applying in person at a VAC do not need to present a Biometric Instruction Letter.
- Nationals from Europe, Africa, and the Middle East and those who are already biometrics required from Asia and the Americas only need to provide biometrics once every 10 years for a temporary resident visa, study or work permit applications. However, these permanent resident applicants will need to give biometrics regardless of whether they gave biometrics in the past.
Step 1 :
Read complete information on the visa/permit requirements on the IRCC website and download the appropriate application forms and checklist relevant to the purpose of your visit. Please refer to the Prepare Your Application page to obtain details on visas/permits.
Step 2 :
Fill out the application form and other relevant documents electronically and print.
Forms (including the barcoded sheets) are to be printed on a white, bond quality, non-glossy paper, using a laser printer.
If you are unable to provide all the supporting documents as mentioned in the official IRCC document checklist, you are required to fill out and sign the waiver form and attach it with your application form.
Failure to provide a completed and signed waiver form may result in additional delays or refusal of your application for a visa, permit or travel document.
Step 3 :
IMPORTANT: If a completed and signed VFS consent form is not included with the application, we will NOT be able to assist you, and your application will be returned to you.
Step 4 :
Pay visa fees and biometric fee, if required, as per instructions in the Canadian Visa Office website.
Please note that when submitting application via the CVAC, in person or by mail, visa fees must be paid in addition to CVAC (VFS Global) service charge.
Step 5 :
Visit your local Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC), make sure you bring your passport, photographs, completed forms and all supporting documents and photocopies as per checklist and IRCC fee and payment instructions. Applicable service charges will be levied. Please ensure you bring an accepted method of payment.
Important Note: If you need to give your biometrics, the CVAC will collect your biometrics at the same time you submit your application. DO NOT submit your application by mail to this CVAC.
Step 6 :
Once you are at CVAC, pay the service charges, hand your complete application and obtain a receipt. This receipt contains a unique tracking number which you will need to track the progress of your application online.
Important Note: If you need to provide biometrics, your $85 CAD biometric fee covers the CVAC service charge for application handling.